Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Smell of Dread



I am minutes from a meeting I have dreaded for days. This meeting, like talking to a crazy person, has the potential to go really really bad.

If by some miracle it doesn't go badly, the execs are going to meet up in the scrum after the meeting to discuss the fate of the team. As a member of the team, that includes me. Things have gotten so toxic that now Dad needs to step in and break up the fight. Part of me is relieved, after months of struggle I would like to move on one way or another. Part of me is horrified that as an adult professional, I actually need "management" to fix a problem for me.

For a while I made my genuine best effort to turn things around. Admittedly after a few months I more or less gave up. I've never been in a work situation with somebody who I felt so genuinely had no interest in relating to me in a positive or professional manner. So admittedly my grand gestures to improve "our working relationship" dried up about 6 weeks ago.

So we shall see how the decision falls. What an ass.

No comments: