Pages

Monday, August 29, 2005

Suitcase Shuffle



What is the statue of limitations for living in a suitcase? I think I've hit it. Only I'm facing 3 more months of suitcase life. And its not even really suitcase living. My stuff has expanded out of a suitcase into a myriad of bags (I knew I was holding on to that fancy Nordstroms shopping bag for a good reason) based loosely on category of bagged item. Does this make me a bag lady?

Frenchie has moved to VT and thankfully, our stuff has arrived. He was chafing under the empty house lifestyle although it was only for a week. Now he is unpacking all of our worldly possessions, undoubtedly in places I will find disagreeable and thus will be Ms. Controlling next weekend when I'm actually there rearranging all his hard work.

He has also discovered that our new house has mice. Understandable given our somewhat rural location. So I wonder if my 17 year old cat will be able to keep them at bay? Now I'm harboring horrible images of my poor slightly senile sweet kitty being overrun by insolent mice who take advantage of her toothless status to start sleeping on her for warmth.

Had a nice weekend with the roommates. They are fun people and I will miss them when I move out on Wednesday. Course they are also horrible slobs and thus it will be nice to sit on the couch without having to look for candy wrappers first. And last night one of them let loose to such a degree that the entire livingroom became temporarily uninhabitable.

Still, need to move on to a cheaper abode. My new roomate is a sweet person and we'll have fun. Although it will be very girly fun. Her favorite network is Lifetime TV. Yowza....

No comments: