Pages

Friday, November 04, 2005

Good News!



Well despite my alarming stress-induced boil and loud misgivings, I managed to spill the beans to the boss this morning.

I was surprised and hopeful by his response. It was simply this, "What do you want?" Well I want to keep my job, salary, benefits, move to VT and continue to work here but have absolutely no expectation of that being a reasonable request. So I asked, "What do YOU want?"

"I want you to stay on the project."

OK its not a guarantee but its about 1,000% more positive than the response I had been prepared for. I didn't even think that full time remote employment was even within the realm of possibility. So now I'm all giddy and excited. Maybe I won't end up managing an Olive Garden after all.

1 comment:

WDKY said...

Hey, I'm really pleased for you. Maybe if you think of every conceivable argument against, and come up with a soltion for each, you can just be a little bolder in spelling out what you want?